1 pound flank steak
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup canola oil oil
2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
1 tablespoon garlic minced
1/3 cup lite soy sauce low sodium
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 stalks scallions green parts only, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Slice the flank steak against the grain (the grain is the length of the steak) the long way 1/4 inch think pieces and add it to a ziploc bag with the cornstarch.
- Press the steak around in the bag making sure each piece is fully coated with cornstarch and leave it to sit while you make the sauce.
- Add the canola oil to a large frying pan and heat on medium high heat.
- Add the steak, shaking off any excess corn starch, to the pan in a single layer and cook on each side for 1 minute.
- Visit Easy Mongolian Beef @ dinnerthendessert.com for full insructions.