Serving: 16 STICKS
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 Tbsp egg yolk beaten with 1 water
- Sea salt
OPTIONAL GARLIC BUTTER:
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of minced fresh parsley
- Combine the water, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top. Let to sit for 5 minutes or until it foams slightly and smells “yeasty”.
- Add the flour and melted butter and, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low until well combined. Switch to medium speed and knead about 4 minutes, until the dough is smooth, elastic and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Visit Baked Soft Pretzel Sticks @ thechunkychef.com for full instructions.