This dish is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Golden brown chicken breasts, earthy mushrooms, a slightly sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar and thyme sauce, and a sprinkling of fresh parsley. Yum. As an added bonus it feels like a gourmet-style dish and comes together in under 25 minutes. Plus we usually grate some fresh Parmesan cheese on top or finish it with a good sprinkling of goat cheese. Nothing better.
I absolutely love dinners like this. They're fancy enough to serve for guests but simple enough to make at home any weeknight. And most importantly, it's a meal you can feel good about feeding your family. With only 214 calories and 5 grams of fat, it's good for you and also low carb, gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly. It's also all cooked in one pan, which makes clean up painless.
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2.5 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and thyme to the skillet. Stir and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken and let simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Get the next step >> Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms and Thyme @ slenderkitchen.com
I used chicken tenderloins but any chicken breast will work. For large chicken breasts, cut into smaller tenders or cutlets to ensure they fully cook.