- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz cremini or baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 10 slices bacon, diced (divided)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken is great for this)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 12 oz extra wide egg noodles, cooked 1 minute shy of al dente and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese , (divided)
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese , (divided)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese , (divided)
- 4 oz French’s Crispy Fried Onions , (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook diced bacon over MED heat until golden and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate, reserving the drippings. Add diced onion and chopped mushrooms to bacon drippings and cook over MED HIGH heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to a large mixing bowl.
- Visit Cheesy Loaded Chicken Noodle Casserole @ thechunkychef.com for full instructions.