Last week, I went over my friend Zora’s house and as I walked in I could smell dinner. I thought something along the line of a pot pie. When I asked what it was she said it was a chicken Pot Pie Soup and I just had to try it. Because Zora is one of the nicest ladies I have had the pleasure of calling my friend, she got me a spoon.
Oh, it was amazing! I loved it and immediately asked for the recipe. She said, “I just threw it together.” But she gave me the list of ingredients and a few days later, my family and I enjoyed the same soup!
Now, I know many people have a pot pie soup they love, but there is a secret ingredient that elevates this soup to a whole new level of soup awesomeness.
So here it is, the secret shared from my friend Zora to you….Montreal Steak seasoning!
CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP – a deliciously simple soup recipe made from scratch. A fantastic classic comfort food brought to you in bowl.
Calories: 262 kcal
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-an-half whole milk would work too
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken base
- 4 teaspoons Montreal Steak seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, once water is boiling add in potatoes and cook until tender. Strain potatoes from pot and set them aside in a bowl.
- In a large pot, over medium to high heat add butter, once butter has started to melt add in carrots, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add in onion and celery, season vegetables with 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak seasoning. Cook until onions are translucent. Add in water and chicken base, bring is a boil. Let it cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. In a water bottle or cup with lid add ½ cup of ½ & ½ with the flour, shake vigorously. Add in the remainder of the milk to the pot and then add in flour mixture. Add in frozen peas, potatoes and cubed chicken, season with salt and pepper and add an additional 1-2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak seasoning. Let it simmer 30 minutes, until the soup starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to cool, then serve.
- Visit Chicken Pot Pie Soup @ dashofsanity.com for full instructions.