YIELD: 24 cream puffs
FOR THE CREAM PUFF DOUGH (PÂTE À CHOUX)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
FOR THE CREAM FILLING
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream (well chilled)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine butter, water, and sugar. Over high heat, bring to a boil and then add the flour all at once and stir quickly until the dough comes together, forming a ball. Remove the pan from the heat and stir until flour is incorporated and mixture is smooth. Let cool about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the dough to the bowl of an electric mixer, and add eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition until dough is smooth. Be careful not to mix more than necessary.
- Visit Classic Cream Puffs @ lovelylittlekitchen.com for next step.