Servings: 4 dozen
- 1 stick 1 cup of Crisco vegetable shortening
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour spooned and leveled into measuring cup
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats not quick oats
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of M&M’S
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Blend until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract followed by eggs, continue mixing until well combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix just until combined.
- add oatmeal and continue mixing just until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough using medium sized cookie scoop, about 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough.
- Top each cookie dough ball with 6-9 M&M'S and bake 8-9 minutes until edges are light golden brown.
- Do not over bake, cookies will continue cooking as they cool.
- Visit Chocolate Chip M&M’S Oatmeal Cookies @ number-2-pencil.com for full instructions.