Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs beef stew meat or chuck roast (cut into bite size pieces or strips)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Warmed pita folds
- Sliced tomatoes and lettuce, for serving
FOR THE TZATZIKI SAUCE (CUCUMBER YOGURT DRESSING)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 1 Tbsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Add beef to the slow cooker.
- Combine ¼ cup olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt,pepper and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over the meat and toss to coat, in the slow cooker. Toss in the sliced onions.
- Visit Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce @ 365daysofcrockpot.com for full instructions.