- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 8 cubes
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Looking for the BEST scalloped sweet potatoes ever EVER?! Fresh herbs simmered in cream poured over layers of potatoes, bacon and onions topped with Gruyere cheese. Perfect for Thanksgiving, company or every day!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the “Herb Cream” ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes while you grease a 9×13 casserole dish and peel and slice potatoes into 1/8 inch slices. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Discard bay leaves.
- Get the next recipe >> Herb Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Bacon Au Gratin @ Carlsbad Cravings