- 4 bone in skin on chicken thighs (medium sized)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small yellow onion , finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of short grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a large deep skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Add the broccoli and 1/2 cup water to the pan. Cook the broccoli, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes.Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the broccoli from the pan and set aside; remove any excess water from the pan.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Get next step >> Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole @ Dinner at The Zoo